Question: Sir, why do we get emotionally attached to the people and we don’t feel like going away from them?
Why do we feel hurt when we realize that it does not matter to them and they were never attached to us? How to remain detached from the people ?
Everything that is, has an identity. The identity, the real identity is the Truth of the thing.
What is the mind? From where does it come? The mind’s true identity must be known.
When the mind does not know its true identity, it has to live on borrowed identities.
Borrowed identities depend on others: I am somebody’ daughter, somebody’s friend, somebody’s enemy, somebody’s lover, and so on.
Obviously these borrowed identities will:
– cause fear. They depend on the other and the other can go away.
– keep changing. The others keep changing.
– never give peace as they are false.
– cause a sense of clinging and desperation
– create a sense of ‘mine’ vs the other, and hence cause conflict and violence
The only way is to tell yourself, “I want to know the truth. I will not settle for false associations. If, within me, there is the urge to know, surely there is a Truth to be known, and surely the Truth itself will give me the power to know it.”
– Based on Question and Answer session with me on one of the e-forums.
Dated: 24th June,’14