- Life will make a mockery of all your preparations. I am not saying don’t prepare. What I am saying is let your confidence not be linked to preparation. Prepare but don’t feel confident because of preparation. Just feel confident for no reason. When you feel confident for no reason, that is called Faith. That is called Faith. But it requires guts. When you’re afraid then you want to cover up your fear with preparation.
- In watching all change, you find the unchangeable.
- The capacity to see change itself means that there is something unchangeable. Everything else comes and goes, that does not come and go. That is the real Center.
- The one who is in touch with that center, remembers that center, is able to show great movement, great energy, great enthusiasm because he knows I have a fixed, definite, stable center. The confidence of having that fixed and stable center enables him to do a lot of things on the periphery. He knows that his center is so stable that he can do anything on the periphery but the center will not be disturbed. In that great confidence, he is able to win all battles.
- Even after hundreds of years and hundreds of births time alone never bring anybody to the timelessness. They are different dimensions. One can keep roaming on this floor for centuries, that would not make him fly, the Sky is a different dimension. You will never come to your destiny. When you drop all thoughts of coming and going and becoming then you are what you are, and you have reached your destiny. Your destiny has been revealed to you, that is a better way of saying.
What is our destiny? The Non-dual Silence is our destiny. That is what we really are.
- Austerity is not about eating less or consuming less, it is about having a mind that thinks less, and even without thinking, it is at peace with itself.
- That which cannot be expressed through words, is expressed in Silence. And That which cannot be expressed in words, is immensely important. You require a special language, because that deserves a special language. That special language is Silence. Hence, Silence is the most eloquent expression.
- The commandments of the Self are that you must abide in the Self; that is your real place, that is where you must be. That your actions must be coming directly from the Self – from the Self to the mind, from the mind to the material.
- Our knowledge is, in some areas, pretty detailed as well and it’s quite amazing, the extent to which human intelligence has gone and created this knowledge and other human beings have absorbed it and are putting it to use. Now, having known this much, is it not strange, what you read in newspapers? “Man quarrelling with man, nation quarrelling with nation, husband quarrelling with wife, neighbour quarrelling with neighbour, man quarrelling with himself!”
When we find nobody else to engage, we are busy fighting ourselves. And we know so much.
We know so much. Yet basics of life – jealousy, possessiveness, insecurity, small happenings in our environment seem to shake us up.
- Our education and training is such that, it never asks us to turn within with the result that even the most knowledgeable man, is actually so infantile, and immature.
- All internal voices are from fragments of the mind, the Total calls only in Silence.
- The right action happens voicelessly. It comes from nowhere, it goes into nowhere. You don’t even know that you have acted.
- Do not ask, “Why did I get angry?” Ask, “Why does guilt arise? Why this divided mind? Why can’t my anger be complete?” And if there is completeness, would not the anger be transformed? Does not ‘resistance to anger’ give fuel to the anger? In trying to control yourself, are you not giving yourself energy to act in the same way?
That’s the basic principle of duality: What you try to control, you give energy to that.
- To hope is to postpone the good, and embrace the waiting.
- To ‘hope’ is to postpone that, which is available, today. ‘Hope’ is to postpone the good, and embrace the waiting.
You look at the situation of the mind. It is a very peculiar situation. On one hand, it knows, that nothing less than the Total, the Ultimate, the Final, can bring Peace to it. It knows that. On the other hand, it also knows that the Total, the Ultimate, and the Final, mean the death of mind, as it has known itself. In the form it has known itself, it will be no more.
- When you stop living in the way you have lived so far, it does not mean ‘death’. It only means – a life of the beyond, a life of the quality such that you have never known.
- Ordinarily, in our dualistic world, when we say, “I shall be no more,” it means death, it means annihilation. But In the spiritual sense, in the real sense, when one dissolves, when one surrenders, when one is no more, then it is not a matter of sadness, rather it is a matter of great celebration. Because it does not mean that you have died, it means that you have come upon ‘Real’ life.
- Whatever you can hope for, something higher than that is already given to you. And it is the most difficult thing to accept, because the mind has been trained in living purposefully. If you accept that the Highest has been just being gifted to you, then what do you live for? So it is very-very difficult to accept.
- Do not live as if you are in a waiting room, waiting for some train, that actually never arrives for mankind. Do not live, as if you are in a waiting room. And even if you are in a waiting room, do not live, as if the next train will bring to you, the love of your life. Sometimes, one is, in fact, in a waiting room. Even if you are in a waiting room, you should actually be, beyond waiting.
- Morality makes the mischief of the world your personal suffering.
- Stay less in contact with what you very well know, corrupts and contaminates you. You will not even know when all that will start dominating you. You will not even know when all that will become the substance of your mind, and will start calling all that your ‘own’. You will start believing that this is what ‘you’ are thinking.
The mischief of the world, will become your personal suffering, and you will say, “It is ‘my’ suffering,” when it was just the mischief of the world. The falseness of the world will become your own personal falseness. It is almost like getting an infection from somewhere.
- When Krishna says, “As I am in myself, so I am in you, and so I am in the rest of the world,” he obviously means that the body does not mean anything. And then how can parents matter, when the body does not mean anything?
Do you see the inconsistency, how in the same breath we talk of being truthful towards parents and then we quote the Gita? How can somebody quote the Gita and still assign virtuosity to the family structure?
Krishna is all the time saying, “The family does not matter,” and the family is the supporting pillar of your morality. To be with Krishna, is to be totally beyond morality. Krishna does not at all bother about the family. In fact, he is getting Arjun to slaughter his family.
- Do you know how dangerous Krishna is? To really know him, is to annihilate yourself. Your ways of living, your relationships, nothing can stand the fire of Krishna. That is why you will never really go close to Krishna. You will have an image of Krishna, and keep worshipping it, but you will never really go close to Krishna, because Krishna will destroy you, totally destroy you.
- You know, when you move into understanding, even the cells of your body change, your eyes change, your facial expressions change. Nothing remains the same.
Deeper your meditativeness is, the deeper is the physical change that comes to you. Your very breath changes. It becomes regulated, on its own.
The way you walk, your gait, the contours of your voice, its modulation, everything changes. The way you sit, the way you look, the way you listen, everything changes. I am prepared to say, that even the chemical composition of your body changes.
- With your thousand other priorities, the Truth will continue to elude you.
- We are not even reasonable. Forget about going beyond reason, we are not even reasonable. Forget about going beyond the intellect, we don’t even use the intellect properly. Forget about going beyond the logic, we do not use even logic properly.
- Truth is the only authority and if the Truth decides that it will be manifested in the form of a person, then the authority of the Truth is vested in that person, not unconditionally. Only to the point when that person sheds all his personality, and acts purely as a vehicle for the Truth, only to the point. Only till that point. Beyond that point, No.
- The Guru has no unconditional authority. The authority of the Guru flows from the Guru’s proximity to the Truth. And the day, the ‘person’ of the Guru, loses that proximity with the Truth – it may happen, strange things may happen on this earth. It may happen that the ‘person’ of the Guru does lose proximity to the Truth – that day he loses all his authority.
Because ‘authority’ does not belong to your eyes, to your shirt, to your hair, it belongs to your Heart. And the day you yourself have lost touch with your Heart, losing touch with your Heart you have also lost touch with your authority. Now you have no authority.
- When you don’t understand, all you see is differences; and when you understand, everything is just the same and the One.
- What is ‘society’? Society is not something outside. Society is a mind that does not live in the Self.
- One does not wake up by switching dreams.
- Aloneness is a particular mind. And it is not that as if that mind does not recognise, or realise people. It does. Do not forget, that aloneness does not exclude duality. Aloneness does not exclude this world.
To be alone, is to be fully of the world, and yet alone. And then one has lived!
- You are wonderful, beautiful, awesome, simply as you are.
- Unconditional love is a fierce commitment to reject all but the One.
- Everything is verified by its opposite.
Truth is verified by Itself.
- If you have any plans, simply discard.
Having discarded all plans, you are left with no plans.
Now precisely carry out the no plans.
- Spirituality is Intelligence manifested.
The spiritual mind is sharp, incisive, and simply understands.
Dumbness is a lack of spirituality.