- Attend to the facts and your imaginations will fall in place.
- Real action does not demand too many thoughts, because if you are still thinking a lot, then that thinking will impede the action.
3. If you are really acting, then thoughts will keep going down and down and down. As action becomes vigorous, thoughts get subdued. It is only with a calm mind that one can enter into right and energetic action.
4. The one who runs away from life’s challenges is also running away from life’s joys. And thinking about the future is a great way of escaping from challenges.
5. The Heart does not speak in a human language, the Heart does not even utter in a way that the ears can comprehend.
The voice of the Heart is the silence behind all voices and sounds.
6. The mind doesn’t really like it; the mind really likes it.
The mind hates it; the mind cannot live without it.
The mind would want it to disappear; the mind would disappear in its want.
The mind would give anything to get rid of it; the mind would get rid of itself and anything else to get to that voice.
That is the voice of the Heart.
7. Take only when there is no giver. Give only when there is no taker. Love only when there is no lover.
8. You must learn to feel safe. You must feel assured of your security. Don’t give energy to thoughts that make you feel small, petty, vulnerable, exposed, and insecure. Things are good. Alright. You are not in an alien land. This is your home, don’t tremble so much. Stretch your arms and feel the earth. See it is not really shaking, it is holding you in her lap. Nobody is conspiring against you. There is no need to fear. There is no need to run helter-skelter for security. There is no need to hate yourself so much.
9. You can never figure out the source of illusion. You will never reach to the roots of it. You can only be at your own roots. That is sufficient.
10. Your non-participation is the best gift you can give to yourself and to the world.
11. The word Turiya means fourth, but it is not fourth in the same sense that these three are – one, two and three. It is fourth, but it is the foundation of these three, so when one is present, four is present; when two is present, four is present; when three is present, four is present. Even when one, two and three all are absent, fourth is still present; so you may physically die, yet Turiya doesn’t die.
12. Turiya, the witness state, is not ‘yours’; it witnesses you, it is outside of you. So, your birth and death do not touch it.
13. Samadhi is a tranquil mind, a peaceful mind, a mind that is not faced with problems, a mind that is properly placed.
14. Insecurity enters you wearing the mask of love.
Fear enters you wearing the mask of care.
Body centricity enters you wearing some other mask.
Spiritual practice lies in seeing beyond the mask.
15. Statements coming out of deep Faith are received in deep Faith.
Statements coming out of confusion and doubt, are received with confusion and doubt.
16. The less you have, the more is your effort to get, and the more is your fear. And the more is your fear, the smaller you think yourself to be.
The smaller you think yourself to be, the more again is your effort to obtain something — greatness, bigness from outside. And because it is to come from outside, it is unreliable. No beggar is ever sure of how heavy his begging bowl would be at the end of the day. The world is not obliged to meet your expectations.
17. When it comes to dealing with the world, the world is always uncertain. And the more you are dependent on the world, the more serious and critical are your linkages with the world, the more responsible you feel towards the world; the more you’ll be steeped in fear.
To be worldly is to be fearful.
18. The more you are a resident of this world, the more you would be condemned to live in fear.
19. Without a memory of your intrinsic richness, why would you beg so much?
Without having a faint remembrance of what it means to be full, why would you chase fullness so much?
So, it’s strange, you beg because you know that your nature is richness; but the more you beg, the more you prove to yourself that you are not rich.
20. See, how much of our energy rises from suspicion. See, how uncertainty and doubt motivate us so much. See, how people are rushing around in their cars and the fuel is doubt.
It will not let you sleep. You cannot relax with doubt.
Is there anything is your life that you are absolutely sure of?
And if you are doubtful of everything, if you must distrust everybody, I’m asking you, how do you sleep?
And if you cannot sleep, why do you live?
21. When the beginning and end are seen together, then you get freedom from both. There is no freedom from death, until you first understand birth.
22. The day the instruction comes, the day this knowledge comes, that attaining to Bliss is a worthy goal of life, the life becomes disturbed.
23. To live life honestly is to be Spiritual. Nothing else is Spirituality. Rituals, traditions, reading of scriptures – no, not all this. To be sensitive to yourself, to really go into the stuff of your own mind, that is what it means to be Spiritual.
24. If the ego is not careful, if it is not touched by wisdom then it will forget that the objects that it is getting attached to, that the objects that it is pinning its hopes upon, are of its own projection. And how can that which ‘I’ have projected bring completeness to me? If I am incomplete, all my projections would also be incomplete, they cannot take me anywhere higher.
25. The cessation of the ego’s movement is the submergence of the ego in its Source.
26. The Self that is not a product of time.
27. Dropping desire is just another desire; knowing desire is fulfillment of desire.
28. The experiencer is a product of experience & hence cannot freely judge experience.
29. What does one take to be present?Houses,markets,routines!
God is an absence of all that one calls as Present.
Thank God for the absence.
30. When it comes to the world, do not believe any good news.
When it comes to the Truth, do not believe any bad news.