Question: The question is, how to reach the stage of ‘vulnerability.’ Because if I become vulnerable, people’s behavior towards me does not bother me. There is no ego, no expectation left. Even if there is something that hits me, then also I remain normal so easily as if nothing has happened. This is the meaning of vulnerability that I get from the readings, but even after knowing I get hurt by others behavior. My ego gets hurt. So how to reach that stage where nothing can bother me.
Acharya Prashant: Radhika, nothing bothers you. Calling itself a ‘botheration.’ If something comes to you and declares in advance, ‘ I am a botheration,’ would you let that thing to have space in your Life? Would you?
‘Botherations’ never come as botherations. So,
If you start searching for botherations, you will return empty-handed. There is no botheration, that is labeled as flagged as botheration in your mind.
Had it been flagged as a botheration, you would have disposed of it away long back. Right? So, lets search with other keywords.
We are looking for ‘botherations’ because your question is ‘how do you I reach a stage, where the world does not bother me anymore,’ Radhika is asking. Let us search with other keywords and let us search with ‘pleasures.’ Oh, you will find many there. Lets search with ‘Love,’ you will find much there. Lets search with ‘hopes,’ you will find a lot of them there.
When you search with these keywords, you will find that there is a lot in your mind that corresponds. Also, those who have known have told us that the very definition of ‘botheration’ is that which sits upon your mind. That which is continuously making itself felt in your mind is a ‘botheration.’ The one that wraps the mind should be identified as delusion(Jo mann se na utre, maya kahiye soye)
See, how you are thinking of your future all the time. See how you are thinking of your well-wishers all the time. See how you are thinking of good and bad, right and wrong, God and evil. See, what all you have been thinking of. You would be surprised; you are not thinking of things very unrelated to you. You are thinking of stuff that is present in your daily life. And it is present in your daily Life because you find it useful. It is present in your daily Life because that has become a part of your identity.
That is where the botheration is.
That which you cannot get rid of is a botheration.
If there is stuff with you that you can drop immediately, then it is not botheration. Just the presence of something in your mind does not mean that the thing is a botheration, it is the sticky presence of that something in the mind that makes it a botheration.
That which won’t go away even if you want it to is a botheration.
If you can summon your thoughts at will, and if you can get rid of them at will then you are the master of your thoughts, no botheration. However, that doesn’t happen.
Thoughts come to you uninvited, and once they have come, they have a way of proliferating, mutating and remaining and slowly sinking into your ‘sense of the self.’ Like an immigrant who slowly makes himself a part of the household, that’s the botheration.
If you can look at your life free of names, free of the irony of definitions and relationships and commandments and norms, you will see how it is possible to live a Life free of hurt. Hurt is a double whammy. First of all, you unnecessarily collected something and secondly when that thing got taken away, you felt as if a part of you had been taken away. So you felt bad.
It is arrogant, stupid, needless.
-Excerpts from a ‘Shabd-Yoga’ session. Edited for clarity
Watch the session: Acharya Prashant: How to be free of all troubles?
Connect to Acharya Prashant:
1. Advait Learning Camps (ALC): Advait Learning Camps are monthly 4-day retreats under the guidance of Acharya Prashant in the Himalayas. To participate in the camps, Contact Sh. Anshu Sharma: +91-8376055661
2. Course in Realization (CIR): Course in Realization is a seven-day scripture based learning program led by Acharya Prashant. To join, either physically or online, contact Sh. Kamlesh Balchandani: +91-9630055750
3. Month of AwakeninG (MAG): Attend Satsangs from Home! MAG is an online series of discourses on handpicked topics by Acharya Prashant on practical and relevant topics like Love, Fear, Achievement etc. To join the online discourses, contact: Sushri Anoushka Jain: +91-9818585917
4. Meet the Master (MTM): Meet the Master is an opportunity to meet and seek detailed guidance from Acharya Prashant, either in person or online. Contact: Sushri Anoushka Jain: +91-9818585917
5. Blessings from Beyond: Weekends with Acharya Prashant brings you the unique opportunity for a 2 day 2 night stay with the Master every month. It involves two mystical days of dynamic activities, explorations of the self, sports, meditative reading, deep reflections, midnight walks and more.
Contact Sushri. Divya Mishra: +91-8527968862
Venue: Advait Bodhsthal, Greater Noida, India.
6. A Day With Master: A day with the Master’ is a rare opportunity for genuine seekers from all over the world to spend 12 hours with the Master at the Advait BodhSthal Ashram – Greater Noida.
To register yourself, to spend the day with the Master, send in your request email@example.com
call at: Shri Anmol Phutela: +91-8859069127, Shri Mohd Azaz: +91-9871952116
7. Triyog: Daily morning 2 hour Yoga feast for your total well-being. Comprising of Hatha Yog, Bhakti Yog, and Gyan Yog.
Contact: Shri Kundan Singh: +91-9999102998
Venue: Advait Bodhsthal, Greater Noida, India.
To join any of the above programs, send your specified application to:
Books by the Speaker are available at: