- “Plans of future come from the fears of the past.”
- “How do you know that this that you call as ‘good’ is actually good? All running after ‘becoming good’ is running towards hell.”
- “After a few years of a soul-sapping routine, you stop feeling bad about it.
Corpses don’t complain.
The reward is respectability and progress.”
- “Ask for only the Highest, and you’ll get it.
If you are not getting what you are asking for, then surely you are not asking for the Highest.”
- “The misdirected craving for inner fulfillment becomes external attachment.”
- “Desires are bad deals. To get something which is worth five rupees, you trade away something which is worth five million. To earn bread and butter, you trade away the precious life. To earn a little respect and acceptability, you trade away your precious youth.
Never say: ‘I have earned something in the world’, for earning is such an illusion. What you really have, you do not earn. And with the world, whatever you get, you get through trading, not through earning; it’s just barter.”
- “As you are, you are bound to have goals. I cannot advice you to not to have goals. Because it is impossible for you. It is impractical for you. You will need goals. Given your constitution, your stage in life, the makeup of your mind, you will need goals. And if you must have a goal then the goal must be goal-lessness.”
- “You have reached the Goal when you forget everything about goals.”
- “Mind and body crave to express their already Perfect Source.
And that is the purpose of life: Just expression, not achievement.
Live the Self.”
- “Desire is fear. A life of desires is a life of fear. Impossible for the go-getter to be fearless.
Achievement is insecurity trying to smile.”
- “The climate of joy is the absence of ambition and achievement.”
- “Aims come from the limited past. Achieving an aim gives you no growth.
Growth comes from aimless courageous movement into unknown.”
- “The more we invest our lives in achievement, in security, the more we believe that we are insecure.”
- “Total achievement of the mind is the total death of the one who wanted to achieve.”
- “Being already contended, now you are free to play the game of achievement.
Being already with the Beloved, now you are free to find a lover.”
- “No, there can be no achievement, what more will you achieve?
You are, already.”
- “In renunciation, you drop the renouncer; the renouncer and the achiever.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant