- “Anger cannot be right in isolation. If everything else about you is wrong and petty, then anger too is bound to be wrong and petty.
Do not be too bothered with the problem of anger. Do not try to look at the one fragment of mind and quarantine it. The quality of your life is also the quality of your anger. When life is genuine, then anger is also genuine. When life is fake, then all you have is fake anger. When life has depth, then anger too has depth. When life is shallow, then anger is mere poking and pinching.”
- “Yes, Truth is not an experience. But what else can the mind know? Closeness to experience takes the mind beyond experience. Let the mind be fully open to experience: Laughter, sadness, wonder, anger…”
- “When all is That, how to be angry? Even anger is That!”
- “Realization becomes anger in absence of action.”
- “Go to the roots of your anger and you will reach the root of your suffering; the root of your ego. Attack there!Don’t find helpless targets.Don’t find cheap substitutes.Attack the real enemy.”
- “Do not ask, ‘Why did I get angry?’
Ask, ‘Why does guilt arise? Why this divided mind? Why can’t my anger be complete?’
And if there is completeness, would not the anger be transformed?
Does not ‘resistance to anger’ give fuel to the anger?
In trying to control yourself, are you not giving yourself energy to act in the same way?That’s the basic principle of duality: What you try to control, you give energy to that.”
- “A man would usually not like to admit that he is afraid of a woman. So, that fear is hidden. And equally difficult it is to see that a woman is aggressive, even though she might appear helpless or even benign.”
- “When you feel that something has been taken away, you are angry and when you feel something will be taken away, you are afraid.”
- “Anger comes from frustrated desires. You have a mental model of the world. You have your expectations and you want the world to act as per your expectations. You have a set of beliefs and you want existence to abide by them. It doesn’t turn out that way. Existence has its own plans that don’t necessarily correspond with yours, and when there is a mismatch, then you’re angry.”
- “Whatever you do with anger would only give fuel to anger. You don’t condemn anger, you don’t support anger, you don’t accept it but you also don’t resist it. You’re all right with anger, you’re alright with it.
Whenever as an angry being you want to do something about anger remember that you are furthering the actions of the angry one.”
- “Till the quality of my relationship with the world is the same, my quality of anger will remain the same.”
- “When you are sure of yourself, you feel less angry at others.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Shri Prashant