- “Anger cannot be right in isolation. If everything else about you is wrong and petty, then anger too is bound to be wrong and petty.
Do not be too bothered with the problem of anger. Do not try to look at the one fragment of mind and quarantine it. The quality of your life is also the quality of your anger. When life is genuine, then anger is also genuine. When life is fake, then all you have is fake anger. When life has depth, then anger too has depth. When life is shallow, then anger is mere poking and pinching.”
- “Yes, Truth is not an experience. But what else can the mind know? Closeness to experience takes the mind beyond experience. Let the mind be fully open to experience: Laughter, sadness, wonder, anger…”
- “When all is That, how to be angry? Even anger is That!”
- “Realization becomes anger in absence of action.”
- “Go to the roots of your anger and you will reach the root of your suffering; the root of your ego. Attack there!
Don’t find helpless targets.
Don’t find cheap substitutes.
Attack the real enemy.”
- “Do not ask, ‘Why did I get angry?’
Ask, ‘Why does guilt arise? Why this divided mind? Why can’t my anger be complete?’
And if there is completeness, would not the anger be transformed?
Does not ‘resistance to anger’ give fuel to the anger?
In trying to control yourself, are you not giving yourself energy to act in the same way?
That’s the basic principle of duality: What you try to control, you give energy to that.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Shri Prashant