- “ You are born so that you may be Born.”
- “To be born is to be born into crookedness. But once you know that the straight One, the simple One, the innocent One, is sitting in your heart, then you no more feel the need to display a fake straightness.
Then you say: I have straightness at the most important place. Now, outside I can be crooked; outside I can be fully crooked. I do not need to prove a point. There is nobody to prove a point to.
The real thing is sitting here, so outside the game of the unreal can be. Just enjoy it.”
- “There is a violence that kills.
There is a violence that gives birth.
Some idiots call this violence as love-making.”
- “You think you give birth to children? You think you proliferate the human race by procreating? No. It’s not kids that you produce, its suffering that you breed.
Please see that we perpetuate suffering through procreation. The urge to procreate itself arises from an inner vacuum, an insecurity, an existential suffering. What arises from suffering will only give birth to suffering. What arises from joy spreads joy.
Rare is the child that arises from joy.”
- “You don’t begin at birth. Thoughts begin at birth.”
- “Who is Kabir? A historical figure, a weaver, a body that died?
Kabir is the essence from which all Kabirs are born.
A thousand Kabirs come and go, and Kabir remains as always.”
- “Who is the worldly man?
The one who is born in the world, lives in the world, and dies in the world, without ever understanding the world.”
- “Only for the born is death.”
- “Why was I born?
So that I may be born.
Why am I here?
So that I may be here.
Who am I?
The one who may know.
Be really born, be here, know.”
- “For the Christ to be born, a Jesus must die.”
- “We are born afresh every moment. Clinging to memory creates an illusion of continuity. To take oneself to be a product of past is to suffer.”
- “You are a product of this entire system, you are one with it; you are the system.
You have come out of this soil, and the soil has everything that is needed to sustain you.
When you are not responsible for your birth, why do you think that you are responsible for your upkeep?
Just as you come without your volition, you will also survive without your volition.
You will survive as the plants do, as the animals do, as the river does.”
- “That which you consume is also that which gives you birth.
To consume is to continue.
- “Even after hundreds of years and hundreds of births, time alone never bring anybody to the timelessness.
They are different dimensions.
One can keep roaming on this floor for centuries, that would not make him fly; the Sky is a different dimension.
You will never come to your destiny.
When you drop all thoughts of coming and going and becoming then you are what you are, and you have reached your destiny.
Your destiny has been revealed to you, that is a better way of saying.What is our destiny? The Non-dual Silence is our destiny. That is what we really are.”
- “Don’t be concerned about the body, rebirth is not about taking another body.When the mind really changes, that is rebirth.”
- “To not to think of birth and death is immortality.”
- “As a parent, if you cannot take the child beyond the body, then you have only given birth to a lifetime of bodily torture.”
- “When the beginning and end are seen together, then you get freedom from both.There is no freedom from death, until you first understand birth.”
- “Impermanence bothers us because it is not really our nature. Impermanence means to come and go away in time. Whatever arises, whatever falls is impermanent. We do not really like this business of arrival and departure, of birth and death. We do not like it because neither is birth our nature, nor is death our nature.”
- “Immortality is not about living great lengths of time. The only immortality possible is in the present. If you are fully present, fully present – that is immortality. And in that immortality, you are free to die and free to take a thousand births. To reach and live as, and live by your central, peaceful nature is immortality. In that peace, nothing bothers you, you are not worried about security. All questions on permanence are questions about one’s longevity, one’s security.”
- “Whatever took birth, will die. Whatever is yours, will die.”
- “We are all born married.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Shri Prashant