- “The disease can be treated only when the symptoms show up.
When afraid, be fully afraid. Fear shows up; now watch!
Confidence is suppression.”
- “Your life swings between relaxation and tension, love and hate, confidence and insecurity, and all such pairs are unreal.
The Real has no opposite.”
- “The need of confidence is directly proportional to the depth of fear. With fear, all one gets is confidence – a confidence as shallow and as debilitating as fear.
When there is no fear, then there is no confidence, but a deep certitude. Certitude that makes itself felt by the absence of any thought about itself.”
- “Confidence is an artificial imposition. I am fear. To get rid of fear, I have to get rid of myself.”
- “First I thought fear: ‘I can be harmed’.
Then I thought confidence: ‘I cannot be harmed’.
This ‘I’ is common between the two thoughts.
Till this ‘I’ remains, there is not much difference between confidence and fearfulness.”
- “Confidence is a word that becomes relevant only in presence of fear, dependence on others, desire for future.”
- “Fear lives on the diet of confidence.
The need of confidence is directly proportional to the fear in my mind.”
- “Life will make a mockery of all your preparations. I am not saying ‘don’t prepare’. What I am saying is let your confidence not be linked to preparation. Prepare but don’t feel confident because of preparation.
Just feel confident for no reason. When you feel confident for no reason, that is called Faith. That is called Faith. But it requires guts. When you’re afraid then you want to cover up your fear with preparation.”
- “The one who is in touch with that center, remembers that center, is able to show great movement, great energy, great enthusiasm because he knows I have a fixed, definite, stable center.
The confidence of having that fixed and stable center enables him to do a lot of things on the periphery.
He knows that his center is so stable that he can do anything on the periphery but the center will not be disturbed.
In that great confidence, he is able to win all battles.”
- “The very cessation of this confidence – that life must be according to this and this pattern – is silence.”
- “We live on our ground of our knowledge, that is our very basic confidence.”
- “Have this deep rooted confidence, have this reasonless sureness that I am alright. And that reasonless sureness enables you to shed all that which needs to be shed.”
- “Confidence is fear.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant