- “To call a mistake a mistake is a bigger mistake.
It is never a mistake. It is a deliberate act.
It is a decision, and must be acknowledged and faced as a decision.”
- “The ego itself is the evil and the devil. The entire game of duality is the evil. To think that one has a choice and a decision is evil. Seated in the ego, whatever you do – care, passion, love, service – all is evil.”
- “Only a spiritual mind can know the smallest right decision. That is our tragedy: an irreligious mind cannot take even the smallest decision rightly. His life is just a melancholy tale of an uninterrupted series of tragedies.
Only a spiritual mind can take a right decision – big or small.”
- “Just see clearly, and there would be no need for decisions.”
- “How you have been spending your time decides whether you can move into the timeless. Choose to spend your time wisely, and then your spontaneous response will shape up.”
- “The quality of this moment decides the quality of life.
If this is life, then the worthiness of this moment is the worthiness of life.”
- “Just as we are two – we operate from two centers – similarly, there are two evils and two virtues as well.
One evil is that the ego calls as evil. It is the dual companion and shadow of good.
However, the real evil is not what the ego decides as evil. The real evil is that the ego decides.”
- “The really good comes to you from very unknown place. It does not come because you called it. It does not come because you drafted it. It does not come because you had anything to do with it.
The really good, the right action, meeting the wise one, entering the True – that happens on its own.
On its own, and is prepared to happen all the time, provided – you do not become an authority on your own; provided – you do not become the judge; provided – you do not become the decision–maker and the actor.”
- “To understand the ego is also to get rid of the ego. To get rid of the ego is to find yourself out and become a free man. And only a free man takes right decisions in life, with respect to livelihood, with respect to every small thing he or she does day in and day out. The quality of your mind determines the quality of your life. The freedom of your mind is the freedom of your life.”
- “A situation is a challenge only when you feel something about you is at stake.
A thing becomes a problem only if you have something at stake, only when you feel that the external input, the external stimulus has the power to take something from you.
One unnecessarily believes himself to be a handicap, and a challenge, or a problem comes in the form a thief and the thief takes away your crutches. And you suddenly discover that you can walk, not just walk, that you can even run.
You have to value peace. You must know the value of peace. You have to come to the fact that peace is invaluable.
And if you do not come to this fact, if you do not make the right decision, then the penalty is that you will suffer.”
- “The decision to dissolve is apparently a personal decision, but it is not rooted in the person.”
- “In awareness, your decisions come from nowhere and they are right and wrong for nobody.”
- “In awareness, you decide in peace.
In peace, peace is the decision.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Shri Prashant