- “Since you are ever in a dream, I am just another character in your dream.
How can a character in your dream help you come out of the dream?
You do not know me.”
- “This entire world is a dream, and it is a deep fallacy to believe that when the state of consciousness changes, that when you wake up from sleep in the morning, the dream ends. The dream does not end, the dream changes. From one dream you move to another dream. And if your entire life is just a sequence of dreams then what I am saying is that there is no point feeling guilty about dreaming. Because life is nothing but one dream sequence after the other.”
- “The world’s problems are solved by not taking the world as real. Understand this. The world’s problems are solved by those who do not contribute to those problems. The world’s problems are not solved by those who take the world seriously. The world’s problems are actually solved by those who know that the world does not mean anything. Hence, leave the world to itself.If you can leave this earth to itself, will global warming be there?”
- “All that is perceivable – humans, trees, rocks – even imaginations, dreams and hallucinations – are Real.
Nothing unreal exists.
Unreal is Real.”
- “Awareness is a part of life, meditation is a part of routine, love is a part of relationships.
Sure, just as waking up is a part of the dream.”
- “Stop this effort at becoming.
Stop trading one fear for the other.
Stop hoping for change.
One cannot get rid of sleep by changing dreams.”
- “You had a dream, you came to me, and I have not helped you reach there.
But tell me, are you not glad that now you are not what you were?”
- “I can speak, I can say.
You may use my words as a lullaby and go deeper into dreams.
Or, you may use my words as a wakeup call, and wake up.”
- “I will never know I’m lost in a dream, unless the dream is broken.
Till I’m in a dream, the dream is the reality, and I don’t want it broken.”
- “What is the most dangerous dream?
That I am awake.
What is the most dangerous conditioning?
That at least some part of me is unconditioned.”
- “The world changes the moment I am awake.
As soon as I am awake, I rise above the dream.”
- “A dream is that which begins and ends. The ending proves it unreal.
All that begins-ends is a dream. What’s beyond this beginning-ending?”
- “Any effort at becoming something always comes from an ignorance of that which Is.
Even the most magnificent dream proves a sleeping mind.”
- “Every dream, howsoever noble, is ultimately a proof that the dreamer is fast asleep.
No dream is beautiful.
Dream not, just See.”
- “What is bondage?
The thought of freedom.
Freedom is the dream that must first dream a bondage.
Freedom needs bondage for its own survival.”
- “I am a character in my own dream.
There are many other characters as well.
The interplay of my character with the others is called my life.”
- “What is a dream?
That which ends.
If it has no end, it cannot be called a dream.
You will end.
Are you sure you are not a dream?”
- “To rant against the false without without first being in the True is like sloganeering against dreams in your dream.
The sleep will deepen.”
- “Ambition: Dream water quenching dream thirst.”
- “It is impossible to be attached to a person or dream without being afraid of losing it.
If fear haunts you, find out your attachment.”
- “The dreamer rarely knows he is dreaming.”
- “One doesn’t wake up by changing dreams.
One doesn’t become alone by changing societies.”
- “After you have woken up from the dream, the dream holds little meaning.”
- “Sweet is the beginning of love and the dreams of a sweeter life.
Come, taste now the result of love, and be shaken out of all lives.”
- “One does not wake up by switching dreams.”
- “Seated already on the mountain top, why suffer dreams of climbing.”
- “Dreams are a wonderful indicator.
They tell you that something needs to be done.
They tell you that not everything is alright.
They tell you that certain movement needs to happen.
But you need to exactly find out what is it that the dream really wants; otherwise, the same dream that could have helped you move to quietness, and peace, and relaxation, would mislead you, as it misleads most people.
Dreams are an important signal sent from the depth of your mind to the conscious mind.
You need to interpret that signal properly.
It appears that the objects of our dreams are different, but in some way all of us dream of the same One. Nobody has ever dreamt of anybody else. There is only One point that we all seek. That one point appears to our mind as different names, forms and shapes.
Whenever you have desired, you have desired only One. Whenever you have dreamt, you have wanted only One. And it is easy to be misled, because that One appears in many forms.”
- “When you keep rejecting the objects of your desire, and dreams, then slowly the tendency of the object to show themselves, to present themselves, reduces. Now you have come to a point where you know that things, or persons, or ideas, or thoughts, is not what you want. So what happens, that the chase after things, or persons, or ideas, or reputation, loses its energy.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant