- “Ego is good, nice, beautiful but only when friends with the Self.”
- “Nobody is a misfit. In existence everything is where it should be.
Allow things to happen. Do not choose, allow.”
- “Buddha is in the Centre and Gautam on the periphery. When the Center is firm everything in the circle falls in place.
And this is Faith.”
- “Dropping of self is the real charity.”
- “Respond to His call and He will take care of the rest.”
- “Constant remembrance of ‘I am’ takes me beyond what I think I am.”
- “I do not know my own good, so I cannot desire my own good.
Existence knows what is good for me. So it sends me the Sun, it has given me the capacity to love and understand. There is a bigger power, a totality that knows what is best for me. And let that bigger power, let that totality decide what is good for me.
I should not look after myself because I cannot look after myself and if I try to look after myself I will only do myself harm. If I do not want to harm myself then I should not have this stupid belief in my expectations.”
- “Does the leaf follow any purpose? The leaf just is. When the wind comes, the leaf dances.
When the heat is too strong, the leaf dies, withers away.
And it’s so disturbing to many. “Oh my God! Nothing to do!”
When the wind comes, then move and dance, and when your time is up, then go away.
- “Only the One can help you, is helping you, wishes you well and is giving you wellness.
Know Him, be with Him, and then you will not be afraid.”
- “The deepest enquiry begins as a tense, ruthless questioning, demanding answers,
and surrenders as a humble faith, knowing beyond answers.”
- “Faith never asks, ‘How?’
Faith has nothing to do with questions.”
- “Those who come with Faith, find their Faith getting affirmed.
And those who don’t, find nothing.”
- “The only proof of Faith is: die and come alive.”
- “Faith does not answer questions, it laughs at them.”
- “Facts for the mind and Faith for the heart.
Facts in the dualistic world and Faith in the non-dual Truth.
Facts and Faith – the complete one.”
- “Only two minds culminate in Faith: Either a sharp intellect, or simple innocence.”
- “The demons of the subconscious can be faced only in Faith.”
- “When the mind is a faithful servant, it needs no proofs and feels no fear.”
- “Social conditioning begins with the clever objective of freeing man from physical conditioning. Social conditioning will not help you get rid of physical conditioning. Going beyond physical conditioning happens by having the faith to live in a purely physical way.”
- “We all have a magical pocket in our coats. Put your hand in it and you get precious gifts.
But the magical pocket is only for those who neither earn, nor need anything.
You need to have no doership, you need to be choiceless. You need to have absolute Faith.
That magic, that grace is available only to those who do not ask for it, nor need it.”
- “Need a proof? Alright.
Why else would the birds sing?
What else are the birds singing of?
Let there be Faith.
Or, get close to the birds.”
- “To have faith is to know that nothing ever goes wrong.
Faith also knows that nothing ever goes right either.
Right, wrong are for faithless.”
- “Let me not confuse enquiry with doubt.
Enquiry is knowing.
Enquiry is closeness.
Enquiry is faith.
A suspicious mind cannot enquire.”
- “What the ego dismisses as randomness, faith knows to be Grace.
Ego reasons and finds not.
Faith surrenders to mystery, and finds benediction.”
- “Beliefs come from time, past.
Knowing is right now.
Faith is knowing that there is stuff beyond time.”
- “It is all that there is.
And it is already alright.”
- “Faith is about having gratitude even when bad things are happening to you.”
“The one who knows does not have great answers; the one who knows does not have big words or big answers; the one who knows is the one who does not have even small questions. If you ask him for answers, he will conclude that he is a fool because he does not have answers. His being lies in not having questions, in realising just one thing that all questions are noise. He knows the Self and he knows the Self is blemishless. There is no place for doubt or confusion there. He sits rooted in sureness. He will say, ‘Only a Faithless mind can have questions. I know the source, the genesis of all questions, how can I give questions importance?’”
“Faith is something that opens up only if when you go to it.
The more you believe in it, the more it becomes true for you; the less you believe in it, the less it remains visible.”
“You can only be devoted to that which you do not know. If you are devoted to something that you know then it is not devotion. Then it is just attachment. If you are devoted to something that you know, then you are devoted to an object and that is attachment.
Devotion is always to the unknowable.
Devotion is Faith.
It is always to the unknowable.”
- “To not to live in Faith, to refute Magic, is to live in suffering.
The one who has nothing to do with Magic, will live a very terrified life.”
- “Faith is to retain faith even after your trust is breached a hundred times.
Faith is a nameless trust bigger than trust on anything, anybody.”
- “Planning for action only requires intellect, actually acting requires Faith.”
- “Know the right action – that is Gyana (knowledge), and then plunge into it, with all your Faith – that is Bhakti (devotion).”
- “Become one with life, have the faith that whatever will happen, will not destroy you. Remain open, remain prepared to being wounded a little, and then see how you are left breathless with experience. And that experience, which we are talking of, will be fresh.”
- “What is Faith? To know that you are not reduced, even if all is taken away from you.”
- “Life will make a mockery of all your preparations. I am not saying don’t prepare. What I am saying is let your confidence not be linked to preparation. Prepare but don’t feel confident because of preparation. Just feel confident for no reason. When you feel confident for no reason, that is called Faith. That is called Faith. But it requires guts. When you’re afraid then you want to cover up your fear with preparation.”
- “You don’t need to learn to stand still; you need to unlearn what you have acquired, and that is easy. A little bit of attention, a little bit of fearlessness, that comes from Faith, and you’re Home.”
- “Faith does not answer questions, it laughs at them.”
- “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
- “Faith is not a word to be found in Zen vocabulary.
It is not a word to be found, it is the very essence of Zen, and that is why the word is absent.
When it permeates, really-really deeply, then the word gets deleted.”
- “The one who is asking for a proof, he will never get a proof. Who gets the proof? – The faithful. And who is faithful? – The one who remains after the questioner is gone.”
- “If you are surrendered to the great rhythm of life, life takes care of itself. That is called Faith.”
- “Faith is to trust without security.”
- “Trusting unconditionally, that is Faith.”
- “Even to have trust in thought you first need to have Faith that is beyond thought. So only the Faithful one can think properly.”
- “Even to think properly you need to first be a man of Faith.”
- “The Faithful one is a man of vigorous action.
Worries make you incapable of action. In Faith you’re able to act without worrying about the fruits of action, and that’s why your action then is powerful.”
- “Your support to thought is the problem and your support to thought comes from your lack of Faith in the Total.”
- “Faith is to trust most deeply without a reason.”
- “If you are talking of Faith, then you are prolonging the fear.”
- “Reason-less courage is Faith.”
“That total sense of sureness that doesn’t even bother to check why it is so sure, that is Faith.”
- “Faith is not about; believing that you are complete. Faith is about not having the need to believe in completion or in-completion.”
- “Faith is our essence.
Faith is all that is.”
“Faith is an unfounded uncertainty.”
- “Faith: To not to rely on anything other than the Absolute.”
- “In Faith, you are extremely sure even without a tangible proof.”
- “The ones who quit, quit in simple Faith. They don’t quite have a backup.Hundred percent fed up, or Hundred percent unconcerned, or
Hundred percent Faithful.”
- “Statements coming out of deep Faith are received in deep Faith.Statements coming out of confusion and doubt, are received with confusion and doubt.”
- “Don’t resist and have the Faith that you are powerful enough to take whatever comes.”
“Faith is when all imagination has seized. When even your trust in the fact has seized. Just the inquiry has not seized. And then you just know.”
- “Faith has no object. You can never have Faith ‘in’ something. Faith is just Faith.The only example for Faith, rather proof, is your inner quietness.‘You’ will not have Faith, Faith will have you.”
“Tragedy of the knowledge dependent man:
He has no central internal anchor; he does not have an untouched, secure point to live by.
It is a mind dependent on knowledge.
So some external news came and because this man was probably defining himself with respect to the external, a change in the external caused tremors in the internal.
You know that the one you are relying on is going to deceive you. Once again he is going to deceive you. You know you are going to end up disappointed yet again. But you end up knocking on the same door. You end up walking down the same road. This is not Faith. This is not Love. This is pure desperate dependency.”
“Going by your efforts, you can bring the mind only to the edge of the precipice. You cannot push it. You cannot make it fly. You can, by your efforts, rid mind of all the objects but any effort of the mind will never succeed in riding the mind of itself. Your efforts will drive away all the objects but the mother object will still remain, because the mother object is the mind itself. That cannot be driven away by the mind. For that you require Surrender and Faith.”
- “The more you trust your seeing, the more you see that you’re seeing.”
- “The final proof that you know is that — your restlessness stops.
And that is Faith.”
“Close your eyes before you can see.”
- “Even if you are deeply flawed, never take yourself being existentially a reject.”
- “You can pass through hell only if you have Heaven in your Heart.”
- “Faith cannot really be a choice. Faith is when you see the uselessness and impotency of all your choices.”
- “Going close to fear, which is the reality in which we live in, would require a lot of faith. And talking of faith as a concept necessarily means that there is a lot of fear.”
- “Faith is not about being happy. Faith is not happiness because happiness is not something that can be independent of a reason. If you are always happy, then you will not call yourself happy. Happiness is by definition, must come and go. And hence it is reason dependent. For a reason it comes, for another reason it goes away.”
- “Faith, is to have a certain inner certainty without the need to be proven or validated by anybody, including yourself. So, faith is to be just okay. You are just okay and you have nothing – ostensibly, externally.”
- “Faith, is to be all right without a reason. Faith, is to feel secure without being dependent. Faith, is to feel healthy without checking whether you are really healthy.”
- “Faith is freedom from fear in the middle of fear”
- “Faith is, trusting in the unknown.”
- “Trust is always conditional. Faith is free, not having any boundaries or conditions with it.”
- “To reach the Truth one must begin by having faith that one is already there.”
- “You will not need to rely upon knowledge when you are relying upon the absolute. You can call that absolute as Atman, the Self, the Brahman, or God, doesn’t matter, or you may not use any name at all. Faith is not contingent upon a name. You need not even specify what is it that you have faith on, because faith really is on nothing. Faith is just Faith.”
- “Don’t be afraid. Don’t be afraid because you conceal your facts from yourself only because you are afraid. You do not admit your situation to yourself only because you are afraid. Have faith! Have faith that you are being taken care of. There is no need to try smartness. There is no need to act clever. There is no need to hide. Just open up. Just be naked. Don’t be afraid.”
- “Let the mind live in facts, let the mind live by faith.”
- “Ask the Heart! In everything and anything that matters, ask the heart, it just knows. Have faith, it just knows. And when you come to know that you know, don’t be afraid because often that which you know, will scare you. Your beauty scares you, don’t reject it, embrace it.”
- “Faith is about acting without the support of thought. Faith uses thought just as an instrument not as a support.”
- “Attention and faith, if either of these is missing, then life remains incomplete.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant