- “Truth is that which is and Truth is also that which is not.”
- “Once the beauty of That is revealed to you, you fall in love with it. And then it gets maintained.”
- “When God answers your prayers, He rejects your desires.”
- “Only the One can help you, is helping you, wishes you well and is giving you wellness.
Know Him, be with Him, and then you will not be afraid.”
- Little little thought, little little thought,
Thought thought, ‘Am I just a thought?’
Thought thought, and thought thought,
And thought thought of a God,
And thought, ’God is thought not’,
And thought, ‘Surely Reality is caught
For now there is no thought’
Little big thought, little big thought!
- “With God in your Heart, you can fearlessly have the world in your mind and it will be a Godly world.”
- “Till you want to make something unimportant, it remains important.
Know the really important. Remember it, and all else will be forgotten.”
- “Respond to His call and He will take care of the rest.”
- “It is important to remember the Important.”
- “Ignorance is to believe that you are someone separate from the One.”
- “God never told you; God keeps on telling.
God speaks in a thousand languages, and in no language.”
- “How deeply loveless are our lives! Trembling in fear.
When fear is god, violence is the religion.
All thought, all action, violent, violent.”
- “Those who understood gave us God: A God beyond dualistic pleasure-pain, problem-solution.
And man turned God into his petty problem-solver.”
- “The Prophet of any age does nothing except slay the gods that the commons worship.
Today’s gods are career, corporations, progress, information.”
- “Who is God?
The One who is His own Daddy.”
- “One has to be an atheist to know God.
Glory to the God that atheists worship.”
- “Man does not know God. Man can only think of God, and in this he makes two ungodly mistakes:(i) His mind is limited and lazy, and cannot know the material reality beyond a point. So, he postulates that there are certain material things that are beyond the mind. So, he builds a character called God – as a creator of things. All religions have done that.(ii) Occasionally the mind does get startled by a whiff of the non-material. It chances upon love, it flies in freedom, it dances in joy. It realises that there is something beyond the material. But it declares that the imperceptible, the non-material, the ineffable, too can be contained in the mind. So, using the mind, it embellishes the God character and writes stories about that character.The first mistake happens because we keep feeling small and incapable. We suffer from such an inferiority complex that we can’t even admit that a human gave birth to Jesus. The moment we come across an Upanishad, a Quran, a Bible, we relegate them to divine authorship to escape from them. And the second mistake happens because we are damn arrogant. We want to capture the Ultimate in the mind. We want to claim we know God.”
- “By repeatedly taking the name of God, you are reducing God to a name.
To say anything about God is to run away from surrender.”
- “There is the pull of Maya, and then there is the call of God. In between these, the world exists. The world is nothing but a continuous tug-of-war.
The Heart versus the mind, the mind versus the mind, God versus God!”
- “God is not the Truth. God is a technique.
It’s the Godly ego’s intelligence and humility to say, ‘I am not God. I am just a servant of God’.”
- “The world is lousy, transient, unreal.
Creation is an image of the creator.
Why revere the unreal creator of such an unreal creation?
- “We look for God as we are hurt and afraid. When the hurt vanishes, there is no need for God. Looking into hurt is more Real than finding God.”
- “Spirituality isn’t about God or consciousness. All spirituality is essentially about not being stupid. Its about being really ‘fool-proof’.”
- “Religion is dead, and God is the murderer.”
- “Kill God and be Religious.”
- “God and Enlightenment are fancy names given to just being Oneself.”
- “Those who don’t have God, they don’t even miss God.
Missing is a privilege. A saint sings songs of missing Him, a common man doesn’t. The common man doesn’t miss God at all. The common man is happy and occupied in his worldly truthless-godless life.”
- “Only a Godless mind will be petty.”
- “Any concept of God is not God at all.
Drop the concept and surrender.”
- “A bright light on the ceiling.
In the light-filled hall, a few are talking of gods, and others plotting a loot.
Does it matter to the light?”
- “You and I were together searching for You.
You egged me on to keep searching.
Were You helping me search, or actually just hiding Yourself?”
- “Tools and techniques can help in entering into attention, but tools and techniques cannot substitute attention.”
- “Either take orders from the One or take orders from many.
Those who do not take orders from the One, are condemned to take orders from the many.
The one who doesn’t love the One, cannot love the many.
One who claims to love many without loving the One knows neither One nor many nor Love.”
- “Without You, how will I know that I am?
Without You, I can’t even forget that I am.
Hold on: Without me, how will even You know that you are?”
- “It’s His game, and only He knows how to play it.”
- “He is that which enables you to know Him.
He is you, when you know Him.
He is you, even when you don’t know Him and you think of Him as other.”
- “Ask: Do I really know what is good for myself?
Then how do I know what is good for others?
Helping others is an escape from helping oneself.”
- “Stop obsessing the ultimate. Live simply in the immediate.”
- “Surrender means that you have stopped fighting the Real, the True.
When you stop fighting the Real, you become available and to fight the unreal, and energised to defeat it.”
- “Those who want the Real give up the fake.
If you really want to live, give up your beliefs about life.
You come alive when beliefs die.”
- “The profit is the highest when you trade the imaginary for the Real.
Get rid of imaginations like fear, hope, ambition, and find Real Joy.”
- “Anything that requires your intervention to be secured is unreal.
The Real is self-secure. It requires no defence.”
- “All continuity is the act of memory. Reality is moment-to-moment, unrelated to anything. Patterns are static. Understanding is dynamic.”
- “What does one take to be present?
Houses, markets, routines!God is an absence of all that one calls as Present.
Thank God for the absence.”
- “Let your mind be drawn towards God, Truth.Give strength to that within you, which is drawn towards God, Truth, and Silence.”
- “Leela is to remember whom you are wedded to.
Leela is to not to turn an infidel.
Leela is to not to cheat in the only Real relationship that you have.
The only adultery is to cheat on God, because that is your only Real relationship.
All other relationships can be compromised.
But you are disloyal and dishonest, only if you compromise on the Truth.
That is the only infidelity.”
- “Man is purposeful, God is purposeless.”
- “When you are totally silent about God, then you are in God.”
- “If you think it is difficult to find God then you have not yet tried finding Man.”
- “If you are too afraid to bleed, then God’s bar is not for you.
There you first go, offer your blood and it comes back to you as a tequila shot.”
- “Man is purposeful, God is purposeless.”
- “You areOnlyGod’s bride.Go only to Him.And
- “God is as lovable as an infant.”
- “Not only do you depend on God for your existence, your survival, your peace.God also depends on you.Just as you are in search of God, God too is in search of you.In fact, God is searching more intensely for you than you are searching for God.”
- “The face of contentment is the face of God.”
- “The sign of True Love is that you can forget.You can totally forget.You are so assured that there is no need to think or remember.Thought is not needed. Verbalization is not needed. You are knowing without thinking, and that is Real knowing — when you know without thinking, when you know without effort, without knowledge, without memories.That is how God is known.”
“Don’t talk about God. Don’t take the name of God so often. The more you talk about God, the more it is proven that God is missing. God is not a subject of discussion. God is not something to be remembered. Only objects are remembered. Only the world can be remembered.
Forget God totally, and now you know God.”
- “The only relationship that one can hence truthfully have is the direct relationship with God.Any other relationship would be tangential, wavered.”
- “Two persons can be unified with each other only if they are first unified with God.And hence, every real relationship is a triangle – Center and these two.”
- “Where there is no God, there is only exploitation.”
- “Marry God – that is the only right relationship.Be wedded to God.Be fully committed to the Truth.”
“When you are free of everything; when you are free of the world, free of yourself – you are wedded to Freedom.
And to be wedded to Freedom is to have God as your spouse.
God is the only rightful partner.
Peace is the only lover.
Truth is the only attraction.
Nobody wants anything else; nobody has ever wanted anything else.”
- “When God gossips, it is called creativity.”
- “God has blood on his clothes. His face is smeared with grime, sweat, blood, bile. He is a killer. You don’t see that face too often. Probably, you have never thought about it. Never seen it, right?But there is nothing as bloody as God.”
- “God is man’s first and last mistake.”
- “When God is the Lover, to be Kissed is to be Killed.”
- “The Teacher brings you intimate to God, and excuses himself from there.”
- “God is the highest freedom.
The idea of God is the greatest bondage.”
- “Man can never forgive God.”
- “God never produces instruments, God only produces God.
Or if you want it more specific –
God produces Godliness.”
- “It is alright to pursue your desires and seek fulfilment, but only if you, first of all, understand what the Total desire is. What your self is really and deeply craving for. When you will understand the totality of desire, then you will also understand that you are craving not for the garment but for the Total, you may call it by various names – the Beyond, Truth, God. You can call it anything.”
- “When so much of advice is available on how to get peace, how will one ever get peace? When so many people are intent upon telling you what to do with your life, how will you ever know what to do this moment? When you are repeatedly being told, and told, and told, about what Love means, what money means, what work is, what relationships are, what society is, what God is, how will you ever know any of these?”
- “Nobody has it to be inspired enough to jump into God. Only God jumps into God.”
- “God is a vast endless abyss with nothing to offer except Itself.”
- “To say anything about God you must stand outside God and that is sin.”
- “To begin in God is the only way to end in God.”
- “Gratitude is about thanking God when you feel that life is hell.”
- “You really have no duty towards God. Just take care of yourself and the rest will be just done.”
- “Whenever the mind will think about God – even if in all its sincerity – the mind will end up missing God.”
- “God means a satisfaction that never wanes.”
- “God is a hedonist of the superlative variety.”
- “All experience is wonderful except the attempt to experience God, and that is the only experience we hold as sacred, right?”
- “God didn’t send you down so that He could hide from you. God Himself came down in your form.”
“In giving God a private province, a special name and a special space, what have you ensured?
That the rest of the space belongs to you.”
- “You do not need dissolution of the ego. All that the ego needs to know is that ego too is God. But that would be the death of ego.”
- “Unless God is demolished, the ego cannot be demolished because these are two ends of the same duality.”
- “Your will is God’s will as long as you do not feel separated from God.”
- “Not separated from God, your desire is Godly.”
- “If you do not rely on God, you would rely on thought.”
- “In searching for God, man has just forgotten rather abandoned his own God nature.”
- “Even when you forget, you are in God.”
- “Don’t we see that our gods are just super-inflated images of ourselves?”
- “God is man’s highest ambition.”
“God does not occur to us in our moments of relaxation and sleep.
God is just an idea to us.”
- “It is the idea of God that makes man suffer.”
- “God, Love, Truth – they are not experiences.
They are freedom from experiences.”
- “We use our imagination to paint what God must be like.
Will it work?”
- “God, Truth, respond only to the one who is innocent.”
- “You are God, God is You.”
- “Had you not been God, why would you have looked for God?”
- “Through all your ungodliness, the God in you searches for God.”
- “When you are in God, even your falsenesses are godly.”
- “You have two options:
1. Remain in the false and search for Truth. Protect your ego and look out for God.
2. Be firmly seated in the Truth and enquire about the false.”
- “Who says that God is perfect and complete?He needs humour.For that he needs fools like us who must forget the Truth.”
- “If you can remove the false gods from your life, the Real God is anyway there.”
- “God never knows God.Only ungodliness knows God a lot.”
“The man who could not belong to God, obviously cannot belong to you either.
If your man or woman has no Love for God and Truth, you are an idiot to expect that he or she can have love for you.”
- “God has given Himself to you. What else do you want?”
- “When you are totally silent about God, then you are in God.”
- “Whatever you do is a reflection of what you are.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant