- “Know your head, and keep it down.”
- “Constant remembrance of ‘I am’ takes me beyond what I think I am.”
- “Gratitude is the only legitimate function of mind.”
- “I do not know my own good, so I cannot desire my own good. Existence knows what is good for me. So it sends me the Sun; it has given me the capacity to love and understand. There is a bigger power, a totality that knows what is best for me. And let that bigger power, let that totality decide what is good for me.
I should not look after myself because I cannot look after myself, and if I try to look after myself I will only do myself harm. If I do not want to harm myself then I should not have this stupid belief in my expectations.”
- “Gratitude is not a need. Gratitude is not an obligation.Gratitude arises. It arises in spite of your resistance.
You are not obliged to feel grateful.”
- “Faith is about having gratitude even when bad things are happening to you.”
- “Gratitude is not about uttering thanks when you receive a pleasant gift.
Gratitude is about remaining thankful when you are being destroyed.”
- “In Real gratitude you’re thankful because something has been reduced not because you have obtained something.”
- “Gratitude is about thanking God when you feel that life is hell.”
- “‘Whatever is going on, I remain joyful’, that is gratitude.”
- “Live in Love – that is the only gratitude that you can express.
Let the mind be at peace – that is the only gratitude that you can offer.”
- “The one who is in gratitude, cannot complain.Gratitude and complaints cannot go together.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant