- “After a few years of a soul-sapping routine, you stop feeling bad about it.
Corpses don’t complain.
The reward is respectability and progress”
- “Spirituality is disruptive. Wisdom is a rebellion.
You cannot be spiritual and continue to be in your old ways.”
- “The more clearly you state to me that such and such people are inhibiting your freedom, hampering your growth, stealing your joy, the more obliged you become to answer the question then, “Why are you with them?”
I will tell you why you are with them:
Because you are so corrupted that you want all the benefits that come from their company and parallelly you also want to insult and humiliate them. You take all that can be taken from them and then you sing to the world that they are exploiting you.
Who is exploiting whom?”
- “If others can predict you, others will enslave you.”
- “A joyful spontaneous dance appears chaotic to a mind habituated to patterns. The seer sees a beautiful intrinsic order in the same dance.”
- “We call our conditioning and acquired patterns of thought as ‘human nature’. These are our habits, not our nature. They can be de-acquired.”
- “I am nothing but my habits.”
- “Mind is at best a collection of habits. Habits are not your nature. Patterns are not nature.”
“This restlessness that the mind exhibits, is not really its nature. That’s why it suffers in this restlessness. Going against its nature, it suffers, it is an acquired habit, not nature.”
- “When the false has become a habit, then the Truth will never be a choice.Never a choice!”
- “When the false has become a habit, then the Truth would never be a choice.”
- “And do you know which is the deepest and the worst habit that you carry? It is yourself. You are your worst habit.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant