- “When you believe in your identity, you will never know the reality.”
- “The one and only objective that the ego has is to maintain a separate identity from the Ultimate, from God.”
- “Real union is dissolution of the two uniting entities. Love.
Attachment maintains identity, separation. It’s the absence of union, of love.”
- “What am I?
Hope, memory, desire and identity as well.
All of which, are, again, just fear.
And fear can’t Love.
- “Searching for your true identity or your real self, you will just be disappointed.
The real Self is not yours at all.
Self is not personal.”
- “To be something is to miss out on everything.”
- “The body-identified person respects the doer.
The mind-identified person respects the thinker.
The unidentified person respects realization.”
- “The understanding of a Self or Soul or Atman was given to rid man of his body-identification.
And man said: The soul is in my body.”
- “We live to expand.
Body-identified man reproduces physically.
Mind-identified man expands thoughts.
The free man just gives up his limits.”
- “Do not be paralyzed by suffering, do not be dumbstruck. In the moment of suffering, gather your wits and go close to the sufferer. You will see that the sufferer is a joke.
The more you look at the sufferer, the more you see that he is a clown. Your attachment to him will evaporate. You cannot now identify with him, or glorify him, or decorate him.
The sufferer is a joke, and deserves only as much consideration.”
- “Responsibility does not come with identity; in fact, responsibility comes with freedom from identity.
Real responsibility is very unpredictable, so it’s very thrilling.
Fake responsibility is boredom, real responsibility is extremely thrilling.”
- “Attachment is a side-effect of your basic search for identity.”
- “The experience itself is the identity.”
- “Who am I?The honesty with which I admit ‘I am my identities’.”
- “Your resistance shows that you identify with that which you resist.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant