- “Where does innocence come from?
Innocence comes from nowhere.
Cunningness comes from here and there.”
- “There can be no intelligence without innocence. Innocence is the very environment of intelligence.”
- “To be human is to have a body of earth and a heart of the sky. If you just have a body of earth with no heart, then you are a puppet, not a human being. Even a puppet has a body, even a puppet moves. To be human is something totally different. To be human is to have the sky in your heart; that great silent vastness in your heart. Then you are human.”
- “To be born is to be born into crookedness.
But once you know that the straight One –the simple One, the innocent One — is sitting in your Heart, then you no more feel the need to display a fake straightness. Then you say: I have straightness at the most important place. Now outside I can be crooked; outside I can be fully crooked. I do not need to prove a point. There is nobody to prove a point to. The real thing is sitting in here, so outside the game of the unreal can be.
Just enjoy it.”
- “Innocence is that silence, that background that doesn’t change, no matter how much the voices change. It is that emptiness that remains no matter how many universes come and go. It is which sky that cannot be stained, even if you pour the entire world’s smoke into it. It simply cannot be dirtied.”
- “Innocence is not merely health. Innocence is the inability to fall sick. What you normally call as health is just the gap between two periods of sicknesses. You are healthy and you are moving towards sickness. It is dualistic. Innocence is the absence of that which can fall sick. Innocence is the inability to fall sick. Even if you want, you cannot fall sick – that is innocence. “
- “What takes you to your beautiful Heart is beautiful.”
- “When there in Innocence in the Heart, only then is there Intelligence in the mind.”
- “To be a human is to have Sky in the Heart and Earth in the body.”
- “When I don’t lurk around probing,
Nor stalk in salacious achieving,
It’s just Joy experiencing its Joy,
Truth in its own innocence shining.”
“Live simply, and that’s all!
You are alright just as you are. You cannot improve yourself. By trying to improve upon yourself, you only disfigure yourself. You are perfectly tuned machine, don’t fiddle with it. The perfect one does not send imperfections. You are alright!
Don’t try to become something else. And if you have become something else, then return to what you are.
Don’t be so clever. Let those eyes not be eyes of suspicion. Allow yourself to be cheated a little. If the world wants to cheat you, allow yourself to be cheated.
It’s alright to be cheated a little. It’s alright to be losing a few things than to be robbed of your innocence. Stay innocent!”
- “Let there be a freshness and innocence in your youth. And if you are fresh and innocent, and if you surrender only to the Truth, the world will extract its pound of flesh. Be prepared to pay the price. No price is too heavy for reclaiming your youth. Pay the price. Take boldly on your chest all the wounds that this world can inflict upon you. Have the guts! Let them wound you; let them become your enemies. Let them gang up against you. Why must you become a servile cow? Why?”
- “The complicated mind cannot become one with the simple. The words of the Teacher arise from a point of innocence. With all your cleverness, how will you ever know those words?”
- “Life is to live in an internal innocence even when the mind is dominated by knowledge.”
- “Yoga is to have a composite mind. Yoga is to return to one’s innocence. One’s primal Purity, in which the mind is not conditioned, or stained at all. That is Yoga.”
- “Unless you drop your cleverness you’ll remain a victim of your own cleverness. God, Truth, respond only to the innocent. To the crooked ones they say, “Let your crookedness and your cleverness help you. Let your knowledge help you.””
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant