- “You are not missing the secret. You are missing the obvious.”
- “The urge for excitement is the proof of boredom.”
- “After a long wait, if I am asking, “How much more will I have to wait?”, Then I have never waited and do not know what it means to wait.”
- “As long as you are the insect hiding under the rock, the Sun will never reach you.”
- “Flames come and go like waves come and go. What matters is light and the ocean.”
- “Not victorious in victory,undefeated in defeat.”
- “In victory and in defeat, you are always a winner.”
- “The search begins upon attainment.”
- “Fight the game, not the players.”
- “You get, what you ask for.”
- “Wherever you are standing, the door is right there. Just enter. Searching is a trick to avoid entering.”
- “Context is everything.”
- “It is because you have already reached the destination, that you can begin the journey.”
- “Measurement creates limitation.”
- “You are blessed, when you are forgetful.”
- “Only by being firmly tethered to one’s core can one fly freely. Wandering without a centre is looseness, not freedom.”
- “A complete encounter with fear comes first. Avoiding fear is useless. One must first expose fear and shiver in it. Then comes fearlessness.”
- “Mind immersed in its source, is the mind in its calm witnessing nature. Such a mind is just one with its object. Immersion,the way of life.”
- “Why was I born? So that I may be born. Why am I here? So that I may be here. Who am I? The one who may know. Be really born,be here,know.”
- “One does not reach a new place travelling the same old, known road. Am I sure that the remaining years of my life can give me something new?”
- “One can never claim “I am in the present moment”. ‘I am’ lives only in the past. In the present, there’s no ‘I am’ thought, just PRESENCE.”
- “One does not chase what one already has. One chases happiness only when one is sad. Sadness is the cause of all happiness. And vice versa.”
- “‘Ignorance is bliss’ is a satire. There is numbness in ignorance, so one doesn’t feel suffering. Even to suffer, some awareness is needed.”
- “The stupid one thinks of himself and lives in the confusion of concepts. The wise one simply knows himself and lives in the joy of clarity.”
- “The more untouched and inert am I within, the more sensitive and responsive I would be outside. To be one with the universe, be alone within.”
- “Joy is to retain one’s health even in middle of all kinds of diseases and diseased.”
- “It is not enough to just decry the two ends of duality as false. One must live the joy of knowing this. This knowing makes True of the false.”
- “There is nothing in one’s life that he hasn’t asked for, in some way or the other. If your life is full of frustration, see how you invite it.”
- “No action can be a remedy for another action. One blind step cannot rectify another blind step. Only in awakening do all actions dissolve.”
- “Till one does not understand his mind-machine, he has no right to talk of love. Funnily, the most self-unaware ones ‘fall’ the most in love.”
- “Thoughtlessness is not the absence of thoughts. It is the presence of someone who is not affected by thoughts. It is about becoming one with the flow, without disrupting the flow.”
- “Is ‘understanding’ an object to be achieved? One cannot ‘have’ understanding. One can only ‘be’ in understanding.”
- “The future is a surprise gift for the one who lives fully in the Present.”
- “To be full of love, one must first be Full.”
- “Who am I? The one who has nowhere to hide.”
- “One does not become wiser with age. Sleeping for a hundred years won’t show you the reality. It is impossible to learn from experience.”
- “Isn’t it amusing that the more ignorant one is of the present, the more desperate he is to build a future!”
- “The one who has it, keeps giving it away, and is yet always full. The one who has not, keeps trying to protect it, and is yet always poor.”
- “Who is poor? The one who wants more. How can one be rich and yet crave for more? Poverty line basis: The more the desires, the poorer one is.”
- “Looking attentively at the world, one enters the Truth beyond world.”
- “The mark of a good word is that it takes one to silence.”
- “Who is a worldly man? The one who does not understand the world.”
- “The innocent mind catches itself acting clever. Only in deep innocence one sees his deep cunningness. Innocence is cleverer than cleverness.”
- “Foolishness clutches and memorizes. Intelligence understands and forgets. The fool lives from memory; the intelligent one is forgetful.”
- “To follow others’ wish is slavery. To follow one’s own wish is slavery even bigger.”
- “One can never claim “I am in the present moment”. ‘I am’ lives only in the past. In the present, there’s no ‘I am’ thought, just presence.”
- “Only by being firmly tethered to one’s core one can fly freely. Wandering without a center is looseness, not freedom.”
- “The ones who desires not gets It.”
- “One’s choices are the reflection of the quality of one’s mind.”
- “Stop this effort at becoming. Stop trading one fear for the other. Stop hoping for change. One cannot get rid of sleep by changing dreams.”
- “When all the mad ones in the mad race are coercing, tempting and begging you to run, just standing sanely still is the greatest rebellion.”
- “Everything about the life is holy if you can look at it directly and really.”
- “See that you were born extremely old. That will help you die as a child.”
- “Energy which is random, disorderly, leaves you with the burden to control it.
Energy which is an order in itself, contained in the Heart, leaves you with the sureness of an inner power.”
“What brings about real improvement?
Guilt cannot bring about any improvement.
Real improvement comes when you are honestly prepared to look at what is going on.”
- “The moon offered itself to the Sun, when to the Earth she was bound.This disloyalty illumined the Earth’s nights with love raining around.”
- “Go mad, but go really mad. Don’t just pretend.”
- “‘Who am I’ demands an acknowledgement, not an answer.”
- “Before you look up to the heavens, learn to kiss the earth.”
- “Fun lies in not being afraid even while being afraid.”
- “Become a little less clever.Get rid of your smartness.Do act like an idiot.”
“The more you trust your seeing, the more you see that you’re seeing.
I am not asking you to trust somebody else; I am asking you to trust your own seeing.
The more you trust it, the more clearly it talks to you.
The more you trust it, the more it enables you to trust it.
The less you trust it, the lesser reasons you find to trust it.”
- “If you are really looking for the Highest, then your craziness for it will be the deepest.”
- “You are a Lao Tzu when you don’t have a Lao Tzu as your ideal.
You are a Lao Tzu when you know nothing about Lao Tzu.”
- “You may have Lao Tzu as an ideal.
Whom did Lao Tzu have as an ideal?
We have Lao Tzu as an ideal and yet we are nowhere close to Lao Tzu, are we?
Lao Tzu had no Lao Tzu as ideal, and yet he was Lao Tzu.”
- “Is one to empty himself out,
or fill himself up?
In the ocean, be full of the ocean.
In the sky, be empty as the sky.”
- “Treat all inessentials as one, and forget.Treat all Essential as One, and forget.”
- “In the existential sense, the whole is not the sum of the parts. The whole is from where all the parts emerge and yet the whole remains whole.”
- “Part is a fragmented way of looking; otherwise, there is no part, there is only the Whole.”
“Ask not for the petty, but for infinity, and see, how easily available it is.
You ask it and you get it.
In fact, you get it before you ask for it, otherwise, you cannot ask for it.
How will you ask for infinity without being infinity itself?”
- “Anything that the limited does, will be a product of its limitation. The best that the limited can do is – cease to be attached to its limitation, cease to exist, cease the clammer, cease to have an obsession with its being.”
- “You surely want something and you can’t live without what you want, and yet the power to really know what you want has not been given to you.”
- “The One who is calling you, calls you through you. Your own situation, your own condition contains all the signals and hints. When you will look at yourself, honestly and sharply, you will realise what you have been, and what you are doing to yourself; you just have to stop doing all that. The Home is really never too far away.”
- “What you are is what you get.”
- “You deserve an ocean, and you are giving yourself a few droplets.Will you not be thirsty?”
- “You wanted much more, and you deserve much more.Give that to yourself.”
“Those who try to conserve, they find that they are always short of what they are trying to conserve.
Those who are willing to give, find that, miraculously, they keep on discovering more and more to give.”
- “Running the same circle again and again will not take you beyond the circle.”
- “The flower is nothing but the roots out in the open.”
- “The bird can fly to any place in the sky, it can be away from one tree or the other, but can it ever be away at any point from the sky?”
“If you are a patient, we both are patients playing different roles.
If I am a Master, we both are Masters playing different roles.”
- “Addictions are compensation for some internal sense of lack.”
“Only when you come out of Delhi, do you see how badly you were missing the clear open sky sprinkled with stars.
Delhi is not only the smog, Delhi is also the forgetting of the clear sky.”
- “In an honest discussion, one just talks. One does not think what to say. It is from a point of thoughtlessness that words emerge, questions emerge.”
- “The really inquisitive one does not come for an answer, he comes for a solution. The solution is the seeker’s dissolution.”
“The talkative ones looks at a Silent Shiva and hears only noise.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant