- “The mind is a slave to influences. It’s a mistake to call some influences as desires, others as distractions. Desire itself is distraction.”
- “You are the mistake.”
- “Only the ego wants to correct mistakes. The fundamental mistake is ego itself.”
- “Your attempts to correct your mistakes are useless. Mistakes come into focus,the mistaken continues. Correct the mistaken, forget the mistakes.”
- “You never make a mistake. The mistake emanates from your entire structure. You are the mother of all mistakes. All your attempts to correct your mistakes will just be more mistakes.”
- “You are always mistaken because a mistake is all that you are. Without you, how will Leela continue?”
“The True, the Real, is not something to be sought.
It is our nature.
It is never going away.
Getting it doesn’t require special practice or effort or ‘sadhana’. It rather requires honest attentiveness; when you can be honest towards yourself, when you can acknowledge all your follies, when you can be attentive to the daily mistakes – that is Spirituality.
Spirituality is nothing special. It is very simple, ordinary.
The man who lives in himself, in his simple nature, is a spiritual man.
Spirituality is simple wisdom.”
- “The ignorance of one man is the ignorance of all.
There is no mistake that you commit that has not been committed by somebody else earlier. There is no mistake that you commit that has not been committed by you earlier. The mind of one is the mind of all. So when the Rishi is rebelling against his personal bondage, he is actually rebelling against the bondage of entire mankind and that is how he is useful to all of us. Because our bondages are the same, hence when one man rebels against his bondages, that is a rebellion against that which shackles the entire mankind’s consciousness.”
- “God is man’s first and last mistake.”
- “Loneliness is dualistic – ‘me and the world’, and aloneness is non-dual. Often we make this mistake of taking these two as opposites. They are not opposite. If something is the opposite of each other, it has to be in the same, dualistic dimension. Aloneness is not dualistic, neither is it in the same dimension.”
- “Do you have in you to correct yourself? Can you correct your mistake? Or are you the fundamental mistake?”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant