- “Safety means repetition of the past. The new is always fresh, unpredictable, and hence dangerous. Life must be new – dangerous.”
- “The New isn’t a product of the past. The New cannot be benchmarked against the past. The New is incomparable.”
- “A new man is possible in this old world. But new men, a new society is not possible in an old world. The entire order needs to be wiped out.”
- “Creativity is when the formless takes form and nothing rises into something. Creation gets old, but creativity- formless nothing- remains new.”
- “One does not reach a new place travelling the same old, known road. Am I sure that the remaining years of my life can give me something new?”
- “The new, the happiness that you are looking for, will not come through experience, will not come through time; it comes when you are a little less insistent upon cheating yourself.”
- “By asking for anything from the past, you will only ensure that the past continues, and nothing new ever happens to you.”
- “Anything arising from the tendencies cannot bring tendencies to an end.
A new thought will not bring the old thoughts to an end because the new thought is the furtherance of the old thought.
It is actually ‘old’.”
- “When one forgets about all new experiences then one comes close to the new.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant