- “Safety means repetition of the past. The new is always fresh, unpredictable, and hence dangerous. Life must be new – dangerous.”
- “The New isn’t a product of the past. The New cannot be benchmarked against the past. The New is incomparable.”
- “A new man is possible in this old world. But new men, a new society is not possible in an old world. The entire order needs to be wiped out.”
- “Creativity is when the formless takes form and nothing rises into something. Creation gets old, but creativity- formless nothing- remains new.”
- “One does not reach a new place travelling the same old, known road. Am I sure that the remaining years of my life can give me something new?”
- “The new, the happiness that you are looking for, will not come through experience, will not come through time; it comes when you are a little less insistent upon cheating yourself.”
- “By asking for anything from the past, you will only ensure that the past continues, and nothing new ever happens to you.”
- “Anything arising from the tendencies cannot bring tendencies to an end.
A new thought will not bring the old thoughts to an end because the new thought is the furtherance of the old thought.
It is actually ‘old’.”
- “When one forgets about all new experiences then one comes close to the new.”
- “You are moving towards the new and now there can be no carrying of the old. Either the old will change along with you, or it will prevent you from changing. So you too, will remain a captive of the past and you will keep suffering. Nobody suffers more than somebody who is in this position. The Truth is calling; yet you are not prepared to give up the past—and the past is not coming along with you to the Truth. Now you are suffering. And, one suffers very badly in this situation.”
- “With the new, the old would either turn into the new or will have to go away. And if it is not turning into the new, then it will keep you too, old.”
- “The new will not come from a distance, the new comes from here.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant