- “Find an absence of love, understanding and peace in your relationships? Its only because your relationships are devoid of a spiritual base.”
- “No amount of knowledge about peace will give you peace.”
- “When Love calls, do not resist. Go; That is where you will find peace. Do not fight that unreasonable urge. Surrender to your glorious defeat.”
- “You do not know me.Neither are you coming here to me, nor are you running away from me. Find out: who wants to come? To whom are you coming? Who resists the coming? You are not coming to me, you are coming to your Self. You are not listening to me, you are listening to your Self.By not coming here, you may avoid this physical location. But can you get rid of yourself, your essence? When you come here, you come to your Home. It is not a man you are listening to, you are listening to your own pure voice. It is not the physical location that calls you, it is the call within. The call to return Home, at peace.If you don’t come to me, where else would you go? Wherever you would go, you would find me. One day, you may find me staring back at you from the mirror. One day, you may find me sitting right in the middle of your Heart.”
- “Peace is not happiness; it is freedom from both happiness and sadness.”
- “Asking ‘Am I peaceful?’ is an indication and a cause of disturbance. Let the question be ‘Am I disturbed?’ Answer: ‘Why else would I ask?’.”
- “Misplaced desire is suffering, so is misplaced renunciation. Misplaced war is bad, so is misplaced peace. All is good, at its proper place.”
- “Peace is peace in peace,obviously. But in this world of duality,there must be strife and war along with peace. Peace really means peace in war.”
- “‘World Peace’ is a foolish concept. When there is peace, there is no world.”
- “The root of all violence is an affixation with others, objects. A man attentive towards himself is immersed in peace. Interest is violence.”
- “Peace does not mean that the mind is in an unchanging tranquil state. Mind is change. Peace means that in all states of mind, I am at peace.”
“If you are really a loving partner, a loving father, a loving being, you will assist the other as much as you can in moving towards her destiny, and we all have a common shared destiny.
And that destiny is Peace.”
“Not only do you depend on God for your existence, your survival, your peace.
God also depends on you.
Just as you are in search of God, God too is in search of you.
In fact, God is searching more intensely for you than you are searching for God.”
“When you are free of everything; when you are free of the world, free of yourself – you are wedded to Freedom.
And to be wedded to Freedom is to have God as your spouse.
God is the only rightful partner.
Peace is the only lover.
Truth is the only attraction.
Nobody wants anything else; nobody has ever wanted anything else.”
- “When so much of advice is available on how to get peace, how will one ever get peace?
When so many people are intent upon telling you what to do with your life, how will you ever know what to do this moment?
When you are repeatedly being told, and told, and told, about what Love means, what money means, what work is, what relationships are, what society is, what God is, how will you ever know any of these?”
- “You can run all your life, and gather as many experiences as you want, and for as long as you want, yet if the mind is resting upon a flawed foundation, it will never gain peace.”
- “Austerity is not about eating less or consuming less, it is about having a mind that thinks less, and even without thinking, it is at peace with itself.”
- “To ‘hope’ is to postpone that, which is available, today. ‘Hope’ is to postpone the good, and embrace the waiting.
You look at the situation of the mind. It is a very peculiar situation. On one hand, it knows, that nothing less than the Total, the Ultimate, the Final, can bring Peace to it. It knows that. On the other hand, it also knows that the Total, the Ultimate, and the Final, mean the death of mind, as it has known itself. In the form it has known itself, it will be no more.”
- “Religion is that which brings you to your center of peace; not the center of disturbance, or violence.”
- “When you rebel superficially, then your rebellion is a very tempestuous rebellion. There is a lot of sound and fury; there is a lot of shaking up and agitation. But when your rebellion is really-really deep, then it becomes a very peaceful rebellion.
You rebel, you rebel deeply. But because you are so convinced that you cannot be defeated, so there is no agitation in your rebellion. Your rebellion is not that of the servant against the master; your rebellion is the command of the master himself. You are not rising against something, now your rebellion is just a rising.”
- “When you have forgotten all about the Truth, then you are in the Truth.
When you have forgotten all about Silence, then you are silent.
When even the word ‘peace’, when even the memory of peace does not occur to you, then you are truly peaceful.
Everything else is just an image.”
- “Dreams are a wonderful indicator.
They tell you that something needs to be done.
They tell you that not everything is alright.
They tell you that certain movement needs to happen.
But you need to exactly find out what is it that the dream really wants; otherwise, the same dream that could have helped you move to quietness, and peace, and relaxation, would mislead you, as it misleads most people.
Dreams are an important signal sent from the depth of your mind to the conscious mind.
You need to interpret that signal properly.
It appears that the objects of our dreams are different, but in some way all of us dream of the same One. Nobody has ever dreamt of anybody else. There is only One point that we all seek. That one point appears to our mind as different names, forms and shapes.
Whenever you have desired, you have desired only One. Whenever you have dreamt, you have wanted only One. And it is easy to be misled, because that One appears in many forms.”
- “A situation is a challenge only when you feel something about you is at stake.
A thing becomes a problem only if you have something at stake, only when you feel that the external input, the external stimulus has the power to take something from you.
One unnecessarily believes himself to be a handicap, and a challenge, or a problem comes in the form a thief and the thief takes away your crutches. And you suddenly discover that you can walk, not just walk, that you can even run.
You have to value peace. You must know the value of peace. You have to come to the fact that peace is invaluable.
And if you do not come to this fact, if you do not make the right decision, then the penalty is that you will suffer.”
- “Peace is not available through the answers; Peace lies in the dissolution of the question itself.”
- “With a wound on the hand you can still be peaceful, but with a wound on the psyche you can never be peaceful.”
- “Peace cannot come from but all these disturbances can come from outside, and they do.”
- “Let the mind be at peace, that is the only gratitude that you can offer.”
- “You are highly agitated, yet peaceful.
You are highly disturbed, yet peaceful.
You are totally devoid of peace, yet totally peaceful.”
- “Meditate in peace, not for the sake of peace.”
- “If you are suspicious that you may lose your peace, then in being suspicious, you have already lost peace.”
- “You are thinking, but even as you are thinking, you do not become the thinker.You remain settled in peace.”
- “Meditation is that which arises from peace and brings you back to peace.”
- “In not being this or that, the mind comes upon its essential Peace. This Peace is not an experience.”
- “In awareness, you decide in peace. In peace, peace is the decision.”
- “Awareness is the peaceful dissolution of consciousness.”
- “The need of mind
to get peace,
clear of noise,
to not to feel lonely
that is Love.”
- “Only a high-quality mind will have high-quality love. A mediocre mind cannot have deep love.
Do not wonder whether he will love you; just look at the quality of his mind.
A high-quality mind is a surrendered mind, one at peace with itself.”
- “First you have to give up that within you which keeps you in the city and then you can be in the city and yet peaceful. It is not currently peace which keeps you wedded to the city. It is fear that keeps you wedded to the city.”
“Your destiny is so close to you that it doesn’t wait for time. Peace is your destiny.
You will never reach.”
- “Liberation is the great Silence that you are.
Liberation is the great Peace that remains.”
- “Samadhi is a tranquil mind, a peaceful mind, a mind that is not faced with problems, a mind that is properly placed.”
- “There is great beauty when you are not in a resisting state. And the action is beautiful. Then there is love in action. And then there is peace. And great things get done.”
- “In your various desires, in your various movements, ultimately all you want is Peace.”
“Seen anybody who wants anything except Peace? Even when you are chasing excitement, you are chasing Peace through excitement. Even when you are being violent, you want Peace through violence. Ultimately you want nothing except Peace.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant