- “Man is the only creature in existence whose defining characteristic is his deep fear. Fear in his relationships, his goals, fear in his laughter, his love, his living, his progress, fear in his entire being.”
- “Just realise how much you pay to ensure that you are kept in bondage. Those in the markets of commerce, religion and progress are selling bondage, and we pay to gladly buy and retain bondage.”
- “The Prophet of any age does nothing except slay the gods that the commons worship. Today’s gods are career, corporations, progress, information.”
- “Disown the self, disown the actions of the self, and disown the shame associated with the actions. Shame only reinforces the ego. Shame comes out of a misplaced belief that you are better than your action. Just observe the games of the self, naked, shamelessly. Freedom from ego and freedom from shame go together. The entire game of ambition and progress comes from an urge to overcome one’s sense of shame. This life-drama is nothing but shame being played all around. Disown shame, disown this shameful life.”
- “Look at how our restlessness plays out – all the institutions that we have built, this entire edifice of civilization and culture that we have raised, the literature, the technological progress, arts and culture, the various sciences; in fact, everything that we call as human development, human activity, it is strange, everything that we attribute to man as a proof of his greatness is actually coming from his restlessness.”
“What brings about real improvement?
Guilt cannot bring about any improvement.
Real improvement comes when you are honestly prepared to look at what is going on.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant