- “Kill God and be Religious.”
- “I know’- Most irreligious statement”
- “Only a spiritual mind can know the smallest right decision. That is our tragedy: an irreligious mind cannot take even the smallest decision rightly. His life is just a melancholy tale of an uninterrupted series of tragedies. Only a spiritual mind can take right decision – big or small.”
- “Religion is the art of atheism.”
- “Morality, a deceptive substitute to religion.”
- “To know matter as matter is religion.”
- “Just realise how much you pay to ensure that you are kept in bondage. Those in the markets of commerce, religion and progress are selling bondage, and we pay to gladly buy and retain bondage.”
- “Religion is Truth. The false must die. The false will resist. If Religion is Truth, it cannot avoid war.””
- “How deeply loveless are our lives! Trembling in fear. When fear is god,violence is the religion. All thought, all action, violent, violent.”
- “Life is either a religious festival, or continuous boredom.”
- “Religion is the mother of religions, but religions end up killing their mother.”
- “The possessive man is a beggar. Religions try to teach him renunciation. Absurd;what can a beggar renounce? Instead,he must find his riches.”
- “Man does not know God. Man can only think of God, and in this he makes two ungodly mistakes:(i) His mind is limited and lazy, and cannot know the material reality beyond a point. So, he postulates that there are certain material things that are beyond the mind. So, he builds a character called God – as a creator of things. All religions have done that.(ii) Occasionally the mind does get startled by a whiff of the non-material. It chances upon love, it flies in freedom, it dances in joy. It realises that there is something beyond the material. But it declares that the imperceptible, the non-material, the ineffable, too can be contained in the mind. So, using the mind, it embellishes the God character and writes stories about that character. The first mistake happens because we keep feeling small and incapable. We suffer from such an inferiority complex that we can’t even admit that a human gave birth to Jesus. The moment we come across an Upanishad, a Quran, a Bible, we relegate them to divine authorship to escape from them. And the second mistake happens because we are damn arrogant. We want to capture the Ultimate in the mind. We want to claim we know God”
- “Religion is the art of true atheism.”
- “Morality, a deceptive substitute to religion.”
- “A truly religious man can never be a social man. He’s free from the clutches of society. He is intelligence unfettered, indomitable, alone.”
- “Religion is dead, and God is the murderer”
- “What organised religion does to the mind of a fundamentalist, organised corporate does to the mind of a professional”
- “The Mystic has no religion, his religion is Truth.”
- “Religion is that quest to regain, to come back to something very essential; to get back some part, some very essential, fundamental part of you, without which you can’t breathe, without which you can’t live. And howsoever hard you try, you cannot bring yourself to forget that you have lost something very important, that is the importance of Religion.”
- “Religion is the way that brings the lost mind back to its center; its Home. That is religion.”
- “We all are conditioned.
Religion is that which reduces our conditioning and brings us back to our original, innocent, clean Self.”
- “Religion is not about set rituals;
Religion is not about following particular pattern;
Religion in fact is that which breaks the pre-existing patterns.”
“True religion is a bit of a rebellion. It is every bit a rebellion, because true religion means getting rid of all the certainties in mind.
True religion means, getting rid of what you usually consider precious and important.
True religion means, nothing will stay in this mind except the very Truth.
Everything else will be examined, seen in its totality, and hence rejected in the favour of Truth. Nothing will remain here, except the one, single, clean Truth.”
- “Religion is that which leads to your awakening, not that which helps you in remaining more asleep.”
- “Religion is that which brings you to your center of peace; not the center of disturbance, or violence.”
- “The unchanging one who neither accepts change nor resists it; who is neither a seeker of pleasure nor afraid of pain; who neither despises pleasure nor glorifies suffering. Pleasure, he lets come to him; pain, he lets come to him. And when he meets them equally, they both pass through him, without leaving a trace behind.
He doesn’t have ideals. He does not live by instruction manuals. He follows no religion. Let alone be dominated by the world; let alone listening to the world he listens not even to himself. He is in need of no advice. No opinions mean anything to him, neither others’ nor his own. In the middle of opinions he is opinion free. That is the sthitpragya.”
- “It is very easy to criticize the existing religions: to criticize Islam or Hinduism, criticizing them is easy, but why don’t you criticize this coolness with equal vigor?”
- “India can be only the mother of all religion.”
- “Real religion is to act in peace and act towards peace at every point.”
- “Feel free, totally free, don’t have that fear that you must follow the conventional. Religion is not at all about going a particular line, going down the beaten track. Not at all. Religion is extremely dynamic, religion is more modern than modern. Religion does not consist of rituals.”
- “Is love something that would be taken as primordial? And without religion what love are you talking about? So, religion is cool, religion is young, religion is vigour but not the religion that is touted, not the religion that is being publicised.”
- “Only when you can rebel against the existing religion then you can be assured that God is powering you. Because without the support of that One reality, that one Truth, how will you have the courage to stand against the false?”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant