- “After a few years of a soul-sapping routine, you stop feeling bad about it. Corpses don’t complain. The reward is respectability and progress”
- “Respect that precludes closeness is not Love, and not even Respect”
- “What do we try to save? Stuff of mind like respectability, relations, future. For the imaginary stuff, we lose the real.”
- “The body-identified person respects the doer. The mind-identified person respects the thinker. The unidentified person respects realization.”
- “Do not ask,”Do you respect me, love me?” Enquire whether he is capable of respecting and loving. Most people cannot love- anybody, anything.”
- “If you really want change then start respecting the small.”
- “The immature rebel shows disrespect; the mature rebel is just detached.”
- “You, as a form, can respect the Formless only by respecting His forms.”
- “It is alright to not to be respectable.
It is alright to not have all those things that grown up, mature ones are supposed to have.
It is alright to sometimes just run naked like a child.
It is alright sometimes even to harm yourself a little, or let the harm come to you.
It is alright to wonder what the whole thing is about.”
- “Real Love is marked by a sense of Great Respect.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant