- “Desire is search. Satisfaction is attainment. Search and attainment cannot be together. Hence, desire and satisfaction can never be together.”
- “What does each desire promise? Fulfill me and you will get satisfaction! What does each desire want? Its own disappearance through fulfillment. Desire deeply desires the disappearance of itself.”
- “Suffering is resistance to pain.
Satisfaction is acceptance of pleasure.
Suffering-satisfaction, resistance-acceptance, go together.”
- “Ask for that One, ask for nothing else. And if that One is asked for, really asked for, you get it. It is such a magical thing. You keep asking for petty stuff, do you ever get it? You have asked since years, since decades, since centuries for all small and petty things. Have you ever been able to get it? You have asked for the love of man, you have asked for reputation, you have asked for satisfaction, have you ever been able to get it? Love of men have kept you thirsty, reputation has always proved insufficient, and money has never been enough. Now for once, try something else. Leave all those little desires and ask for the Truth itself. Ask for the One. You will say, “Sir, when our little desires are never granted, how this immense desire will be granted?” But I am assuring you, this magic happens.”
- “What does each desire promise? Fulfill me and you will get satisfaction.
What does each desire want? Its own disappearance through fulfilment.
Desire deeply desires the disappearance of itself.”
- “God means a satisfaction that never wanes.”
- “If you can pray without dissatisfaction, only then your prayers will be answered.”
- “Whether you prosper, or whether you stagnate, remain Full.”
- “When you look for satisfaction in material that is called lust.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant