- “For science that which cannot be detected, does not exist. If something can just not be detected, absolutely undetectable it is, then science will say, “It does not exist”. Spirituality says, “My instruments for detection are very limited. I detect using my senses and my intellect which are quite limited. Something that cannot be thus detected may also exist; in fact it may be more real than what the senses announce as real.” Spirituality thus lacks the arrogance of science.Science says if my eyes can see, look at it, only then it exist. Spirituality says but first of all am I sure that my eyes are an instrument capable enough to tell me the truth? Spirituality is an honest, brutally honest search for the truth. And kindly do not think that it precludes science. To go beyond something is not the same as rejecting it. Spirituality is deeply scientific and so very scientific that it transcends science. You could even say that it is more scientific than science.
Science stops at one particular superstition. What is the fundamental superstition of science? – That my eyes will tell me the truth. And my intellect can tell me the Truth. That is the fundamental superstition of science. Spirituality does not accept even that superstition. Spirituality says, “No! What the mind says is just that, the words of the mind. I want to look at the mind itself”. And that looking at the mind cannot happen while remaining in the province of mind. Hence, there has to be something beyond the mind.”
- “Separation from the observed event misleads. Science does that- I am watching that atom. Spirituality does that- I am witnessing that mind.”
- “Spirituality is science turned inwards – it looks at both the subject and the object”
“Science will not ask, “What is the state of the scientist?”
Science will keep asking, “What is the universe? How is the universe? From where does it come? To where does it go?”
But it will never ask, “To whom does the universe occur?”
Now, is there a universe independent of the perceiver of the universe?
Spirituality is dimensionally above science.
Spirituality looks not only at that which is outside, but also at that which is apparently inside and looks at the outside.
Spirituality looks at both — the object out there and the subject in here (mind).
Science looks only at the object.
Spirituality looks at both — the object and the subject; which means that science and Spirituality are in no way opposites.
There can be no conflict between them.
It is just that Spirituality is an infinite superset which contains all kinds of sciences.
Spirituality is the vast expanse in which many sciences keep coming, keep going.”
- “Science is extremely important so that facts are facts and imagination is imagination, and you keep the two apart.
Only when you are fully into facts then the door of Truth opens.”
- “Look at how our restlessness plays out – all the institutions that we have built, this entire edifice of civilization and culture that we have raised, the literature, the technological progress, arts and culture, the various sciences; in fact, everything that we call as human development, human activity, it is strange, everything that we attribute to man as a proof of his greatness is actually coming from his restlessness.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant