- “After a few years of a soul-sapping routine, you stop feeling bad about it. Corpses don’t complain. The reward is respectability and progress”
- “By not admitting that you are suffering, you endorse your suffering, and allow it to continue. Be sensitive.”
- “Sentimentality is not sensitivity. One is enclosure of the past, the other is closeness to the present. One is cruelty, the other is love.”
- “Lucky are those whose eyes open up even if to see their wounds. And lucky are those whose sensitivity awakens even if to feel their hurt.”
- “The more untouched and inert am I within, the more sensitive and responsive I would be outside. To be one with the universe, be alone within.”
- “Before an organ can be amputated, it is anaesthetized. If a living system gets insensitive, it is a mark of lifelessness. Life is sensitivity.”
- “Attention is sensitivity. To be attentive is to be vulnerable, open. It means a lot of hurt. It is important not to suppress that hurt.”
- “Why are we content with our bored, dull, regulated, lifeless lives? Because we have been taught to be cruel and insensitive to ourselves.”
- “Sensitivity is not sentimentality.”
- “A quack offered an idiot to cure his neck sprain; All pains sure he cured for he cut the jugular vein.”
- “To look at the facts, you require a certain sensitivity.
Facts must bother you a little, then you talk reality.
Otherwise, you can talk La-la land.”
- “Sensitivity means to not to be so blinded by beliefs that you cannot look at the obvious.”
- “To be really sensitive, is to be intelligent.
To be really sensitive, is to listen to your Heart.”
These quotes have come from talks and writings of Acharya Prashant